Monday 10 September 2012

50th Birthday Airport Cake



Feeling relief after finishing the hardest exam of my study career, I turned to Bryce (my partner) and said "Yay now that exam is over I can bake!" I was looking online for cake ideas and happened to check my email. A request from a workmate asked if I would make an airport cake for 150 people as a 50th birthday surprise for four male friends which was needed in two days. Well, I turned to Bryce and said "I just ate my words" Gobsmacked and excited, my cake ideas began flowing and this is what I came up with :






Then I decided that one cake wasnt enough for 150 people and proceeded to make 50 cupcakes small and large. Yes they are clouds!


So the 50 cupcakes and a very large airport cake travelled to Christchurch, luckily they all survived the 4 hour drive!


No comments:

Post a Comment