Friday 21 February 2014

Fire brigade cake

Congratulations Mum! 
Not only does my mum work 24/7 as a mum, principal and school teacher; she is also first response and a volunteer firefighter for her community. It was a proud moment watching mum receive her 3 year certificate recognising her commitment to the local fire brigade. The only women might I add! 


She requested that I make her a cake for the event and I admittedly resented this cake as the red fondant that I had purchased was not up to the usual standard. I redecorated this cake numerous times, because the fondant kept cracking and ripping. I wasn't sure of what type of reaction the cake would get, as it was not up to my "high" standard, but when the chief of the fire brigade almost cried with joy, I felt much better about it. 
A valuable lesson learnt- even though its not perfect, people truly appreciate the effort and the thought. 
The top tier is somewhat similar to the New Zealand fire service emblem, a red hose wraps around the bottom tier with the numbers 461 that represents the community fire engine. 




No comments:

Post a Comment