Monday 13 May 2013

Cupcakes - Trees for Babies

Now, my work colleague is absolutely brilliant advertising for me, she is always doing interesting things and lucky for me most of the time they require a cake or as in this case cupcakes! She put me on to a lovely lady who required 150 cupcakes for an annual Tree for Babies event on Mothers Day. People are invited to purchase a tree in remembrance of a loved one who has passed on or just to purchase a tree as a gift for anyone. When the planting had been complete each person was allowed to grab a cupcake.  I am really glad I got the opportunity to be a part of something so special.

 The "BABY" collection.
 A lined up and ready to go. Lucky I had a large kitchen area at work to decorate them all.
 An abstract rendition of tree sprouts.
This collection represents the Keep Dunedin Beautiful logo. Although the emblem has 6 blossoms, I felt all 6 was too much for the cupcakes and left it at three blossoms. (Sorry to those who had blue tongues and lips after eating these)

No comments:

Post a Comment