Monday 13 May 2013

Football Cake

When my work colleague asked if I could bake and decorate a cake for his football club, I jumped at the chance to strengthen my cake creativity. He asked for a football field with his clubs crest for their 125th Jubilee party.


 I received a lot of ooohs and aaaahs when I delivered but was secretly disappointed at a large crack that had appeared from the weight of the cake during my walk with it across the football field. It was hardly noticeable but to me it was heart-breaking. Safe travelling with a cake like this is so important! I had to travel with it in my car, uphilll, downhill, through roadworks and potholes, it survived the drive but not the walk!



 I started with the crest, it turned out great! I was even more impressed with it, when I was told the crest has been kept and put on the wall to remember the evening. How flattering!! I ordered a football set from Kiwicakes.co.nz. The goals and the players really made the cake "come alive".








No comments:

Post a Comment