Monday 13 May 2013

Strawberry Shortcake Cake!

 This cake was for a 1 year old gorgeous girl, her mum requested this strawberry shortcake cake like one she had seen online. The top tier was really easy to do, to my surprise! I used a polystyrene ball bought from Spotlight, then decorated it according to the picture online. The middle tier was a dairy free chocolate cake. The cake itself was very light but moist. I used a round tin and then cut the edges, my attempt of cutting parallel edges looks a little lopsided! I am sure I will do better next time. The bottom tier was a dense chocolate cake, covered with pink fondant icing. I used an impression mat for the first time, it was a bit difficult to use so any requests for a cake with impressions would be kindly accepted so I can practice this art!
Now, in New Zealand some toys are actually hard to get, a proper strawberry shortcake doll was very difficult to find. I eventually found the perfect doll on Trademe but to my disappointment, it did not arrive in time. I ended up searching the (3) toys shops we have in Dunedin and bought a Lalaloopsie doll, which I took home and painted to resemble Strawberry Shortcake. I hope you like it!!



No comments:

Post a Comment